Back to Main Page
View all Respirator Courses
About Roy McKay
Course Fee: $270
- April 21, 2020
- October 20, 2020
This one-day course provides a practical overview of respirators, standards, guidelines, use, limitations and changes to the OSHA Respirator Standard. Little or no prior formal training is required. The morning session includes lectures on the types, use, selection and limitations of respirators. The advantages and disadvantages of different respirator facepieces, filters (N, R, & P), cartridges, PAPR's, and the physiologic effects of wearing a respirator will also be discussed. Respirator standards and program requirements will be reviewed to help the student comply with OSHA regulations. Discussion of qualitative and quantitative fit testing, worker training, and respirator medical clearance requirements will be provided. This course is essential for individuals who oversee respirator users in their work place. This is also an excellent opportunity to touch, hold, and feel a wide variety of respirators, filters, cartridges and other equipment from a variety of manufacturers at one time.
- OSHA, NIOSH, & ANSI standards and recommendations
- Definitions & Terms:
Assigned Protection Factors (APF)
Maximum Use Concentrations (MUC)
Hazard Ratios, and more
- Types of respirator facepieces (half, full, loose, hoods, helmets)
- Types, use, limitations, and advantages of respirators
- Understanding 42 CFR Part 84 respirator filters
N, R, & P series filters; 95, 99, & 100 efficiency levels
- PAPR's (advantages, disadvantages, features and uses)
- Program requirements and record keeping
- Basic considerations for respirator selection
- Physiologic effects of respirators
- Medical clearance requirements
- Fit testing requirements and basic types of fit testing methods:
qualitative and quantitative
Who Should Attend & Why Training?
OSHA regulations are not intended to be cookbooks that tell us how to run or understand a respirator program. Therefore, this program is designed for anyone with respiratory protection responsibilities such as chemical hygiene officers, supervisors, managers, industrial hygienists, health professionals (nurses, physicians, etc.), fit testing personnel, and others. You should attend this one day program if your job includes any responsibility for managing a respiratory protection program or you were asked to conduct fit testing. This course also helps fulfill refresher-training requirements.
This program is usually held at a local hotel, located between downtown Cincinnati and the Cincinnati International Airport.
When you register, a confirmation letter will be sent with the name, location, and phone number of the host hotel.
Special arrangements will be made to reserve a block of rooms at a discounted rate. Your confirmation letter will have specific details; however, when in doubt identify yourself as a participant with the "University of Cincinnati".
|Registration & doors open
|Note: Course content and times are subject to change.
Take this course with the "Fit Testing Workshop" and get a discount on your tuition.
Tuition: refer to registration form for current fee
Tuition includes all course materials and a comprehensive workbook. Students are enrolled in the order in which payment and registration is received. After payment is received, a confirmation letter will be sent to each student. Students should not make non-refundable travel arrangements until the confirmation letter is received. In the unlikely event the program is canceled due to accident, injury, or other unexpected event, your registration fee will be refunded in full. Liability is however, limited to the course fee. After your registration request is submitted, an email reply should be received within 48 hours. If a reply is not received, send an email to info@DrMcKay.com
About Our Course:
We don't sell or manufacture respirators. Therefore, our approach is to provide students the information needed to meet respiratory protection requirements. We have no hidden agenda. The information is presented in an unbiased, understandable, and professional manner.
Refund, Cancellation, Substitution & Transfer Policy:
- Cancellations: Registration is refundable (less a 25% no-show/administrative fee) only if written notice is received at least 21 calendar days prior to the course date. Cancellations within 21 calendar days are non-refundable.
- Substitutions: We will gladly substitute another student for the same course date at any time at no charge.
- Transfers: A one-time transfer to another course date is permitted at no charge if written notice is received at least 21 calendar days prior to the initial course date. A new course date must be provided at the time of the request and substitutions are not permitted.
A 25% no-show/administrative fee is assessed if written notice is received within 21 calendar days prior to the initial course date. A new course date must be provided at the time of the request and substitutions are not permitted.
- No Shows: Refunds are not provided if students do not attend their confirmed course date.
Course Fee: $270
- April 21, 2020
- October 20, 2020